I have recently become a fan of soaps. I keep alternating between soaps and bodywashes depending on the weather and my mood. I recently received some amazing products from Urvinaturals to try and their Orange and Mandarin Handmade soap was one of them. As soon as I sniffed it, I knew I’d like it and I wasn’t wrong.
Urvinaturals Orange and Mandarin Handmade soap
Ingredients: Soap Base Sodium Palmitate:Sodium Palmitate is the sodium salt of palm oil and is synthesised by reacting Palm Oil with Sodium Hydroxide. This process is called saponification. Once the saponification is complete, the product is free from sodium hydroxide while Glycerol and Sodium Palmitate are obtained as end product. Sodium Cocoate: Sodium Cocoate is the sodium salt of Coconut Oil derived by reacting coconut oil with sodium hydroxide. It is a mixture of fatty acids, coco and sodium salts. Castor Oil: Extracted from the seeds of castor plant, castor oil has a thick and viscous texture. It contributes to large bubbles and is known for its cleansing properties. Glycerine: Glycerine is a natural humectant which gives clarity to soaps as it makes soap transparent. It also adds moisture to skin. Due to the humectant property of glycerine, soap sometimes sweat during rainy season as it attracts moisture from air. Sodium Stearate: Sodium Stearate is a fine white powder and is the sodium salt of stearic acid. It acts as an emulsifier and is used to harden soaps. It also has the ability to make product opaque and contributes to creamy white foam. Sugar Syrup : Sugar syrup is added to get transparency and it also contributes to bubbly lather. Aqua Orange Essential Oil Mandarin Essential Oil Orange Essence FD & C Color.
- Made using traditional hot process technique these handcrafted soaps by Urvi Naturals are the most scrumptious and luxurious way to care for your skin.Our soaps are always free from Parabens, Sulphates, Propylene Glycol and Phthlates
- This soap will not leave skin dry unlike other commercial soaps. If the soap is not lathering well it is more likely that you have hard water.It is advisable to use loofah after applying soap all over body to create rich bubbly lather.Since soap have high glycerin content they might sweat in rainy conditions. Keep soap dry between uses.
- Contains Orange and Mandarin Essential Oils. Orange oil penetrates the skin well thereby giving smoothing and nourishing effect. Mandarin oil maintains moisture balance of the skin.
- This soap contains glycerin and castor oil for extra moisturization. Glycerin is a natural humectant which seals moisture into the skin and Castor oil gives good lather.
Availability: Easily available on Amazon
Packaging: It comes in a beautiful orange paper Packaging. All the information is mentioned on the back.
Smell: It smells like orange candy. It reminds me of the ones that I used to have as a kid the ones that you suck on. The aroma is very refreshing and nostalgia inducing. I love this sweet fragrance.
My experience: I have been using this soap for a few weeks now. It’s a clear orange color glycerine soap which lathers easily. The aroma is refreshing and makes taking a bath an experience in itself. The orange fragrance always remind me of my childhood. The castor oil present in the soap makes it moisturizing and I don’t feel my skin stretching due to dryness. This soap helped lighten my tan as well. It didn’t fade away completely but there is a noticeable difference. It doesn’t leave behind any film on the skin. It helps maintain the moisture balance of the skin. Though I use a moisturizer afterwards to keep my skin soft, this soap unlike others doesn’t make me reach for it instantly. After bath my skin is soft and smooth. I have been using it for three weeks and there is still a decent amount of it left so it doesn’t melt easily as well. It cleans effectively without drying out the skin.
- It smells amazing
- It’s Moisturizing
- It doesn’t leave any film on the skin
- It’s doens’t dry the skin
- It’s cleans effectively
- It helps a little in lightening suntan
- It’s affordable
- It’s easily available
- It reminds me of my childhood
- None at all
Overall: 5/5. It’s an amazing glycerine soap and it works very well for my normal/ dry skin.
Will I repurchase: Yes. Urvinaturals has some other varients as well which I’m really interested in trying especially the sandalwood one.
Do I recommend: Yes. Its definitely worth a try.