Lipbalms are my oldest obsession and the first beauty related thing that I started hoarding. I think I currently have more than a dozen lip balms in my stash and yet I’m always on the lookout for new lip balms to add to my collection. I recently tried the Dewberry LipBalm from Urvi Naturals and it soon made the list of my favourite lip balms.
About the Brand:
Welcome to the world of aromatherapy where exotic essential oils are blended with the finest natural ingredients to create handcrafted products that go beyond what’s inside bottle and transcend into therapeutic healing. In 2017, Urvi Naturals was founded by mother-daughter trio who believe in the power of finest natural ingredients that nature has to offer. As wellness enthusiasts, we take pride in creating products that are paraben free, sulphate free, not tested on animals and handcrafted in batches to ensure that only the highest quality ingredient goes into the making of the product.
About the Product:
Treat your lips to a little bit of luxury with Urvi Naturals Dewberry Lip Balm. Made from Raw Kokum Butter and Cold Pressed Oils its long-lasting formula provides intensive moisturization keeping lips soft and smooth throughout the day.
An exquisite mixed berry flavour, Dewberry Lip Balm contains organic ingredients wherein the colour comes from beetroot powder infused in coconut oil.
Beeswax, Kokum Butter, Coconut Oil, Almond Oil, Castor Oil, Cocoa Butter, Dewberry Flavor.
- Beeswax: Beeswax is a natural wax produced by the honey bees of genus Apis. Chemically it consists of esters of fatty acids. It imparts thickness to the product.
- Kokum Butter: Kokum Butter is rich in essential fatty acids and Vitamin E. It helps to regenerate tried and worn skin cells thereby supporting skin elasticity as well.
- Almond Oil: Almond oil is a very good emollient for dry skin. It makes lips soft and smooth.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil provides nourishment to Lips.
- Cocoa Butter: Cocoa Butter has good antioxidant properties and makes lips soft.
- Castor Oil: Castor oil is a good emollient.
- Dewberry Flavor: Free from phthalates, our lip contains very light dewberry flavour.
Dewberry Lip Balm is free from:
- Preservatives: Since our balm is an anhydrous product, it is free from preservative.
- Stevia: We don’t use any artificial sweetener or stevia in our balms to make them sweet.
- Soy/Petroleum product: Free from soyabean oil, petroleum-based products or alcohols.
- Phthalates: Phthalates are added in fragrances to make the scent last longer. Our fragrances are free from phthalates and are derived from essential oils.
Packaging– It comes in a glass pot with a black cap and an extra safety lid. It’s an eco-friendly packaging which I really like. The only problem with it is at times the kid gets stuck and is hard to open. Apart from that, it’s a simple elegant pot of lip balm. The outer cover or the box is a matte lavender colour box with berries in it which is really really pretty.
Availability: Easily available on Amazon. I have attached the link for your reference.
Urvi Dewberry Lip Balm https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07CM66DXL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_rmsRBbEBXS6ZK
Smell: It has a really nice sweet berry smell. Which is really soothing and not overpowering. It doesn’t stay so people with sensitive noses won’t have a problem with it. I really like the fragrance because it’s not the artificial kind of berry fragrance.
Shelf life: 2 years from mfg date
My experience: I have been using this lip balm for the last few weeks and I am in love with it. It’s the lightest lip balm I have tried so far. No matter how many coats of it you apply you won’t feel it on your lips at all. It doesn’t get heavy with reapplication and just a coat or two is enough to provide the lips with the moisture they need. It makes the lips soft and smooth and keeps them hydrated for a very long time. I applied it in the morning, had breakfast, lunch and evening snacks and my lips still felt hydrated and soft. I didn’t need a reapplication even after all that.
It’s colourless and hence perfect to apply under lipsticks as it won’t change their colour. Plus its so lightweight that you won’t even feel that you have it on.
It doesn’t have a heavy or greasy texture. It’s a colourless balm that provides my lips with a little shine when I have it on. It’s perfect when you are at home or going out but don’t want to put something heavy on your lips.
It’s a pleasure every time I put it on, the fragrance is soothing, the lip balm is moisturizing, what else do I need.
- Really moisturizing
- Amazing soothing fragrance
- Non-greasy texture
- Provides a little shine to the lips
- Perfect to be used under lipsticks
- Colourless balm
- Stays for a really long time
- Doesn’t need frequent reapplication
- Keeps lips soft and smooth
- Beautiful packaging
- The lid is a little tight at times which makes it hard to open.
Apart from that, I don’t think it has any other con.
Overall: 5/5. A great little pot of joy that’s just perfect for everyday use.
Will I repurchase: Yes! I love its texture, fragrance, effect, everything.
Do I recommend: YES! Do give this amazing LipBalm a try, I’m sure you won’t regret it.