Essential oils are something which you once start using you will always wonder how you ever lived before them. They have an array of benefits, multiple uses and best of all smell amazing.
I started using Essential oils less than a year ago but they are now an important part of my life and I use them for so many things. If you have just started using them or will start now, the best way to start using them is by aroma therapy. That way you get the benefits of the oil and don’t have to worry about the side effects of over using them.
Essential oils are very potent in nature and it’s strongly advised to dilute them with oils like almond, olive, coconut, jojoba, etc before applying them on your skin or hair. Never apply Essential oils directly to your skin as it may cause burns. Also always do a patch test before using any oils so that you know that you are not allergic to it.
Lemongrass Essential oil has amazing skin, hair and health benefits and a very refreshing aroma.
Read on more to know about its benefits and uses.
Packaging– It comes in a beautiful cardboard box with lemongrass printed on it. The oil comes in a cute dropper bottle which helps in getting just the right amount of drops. It also has a small DIY booklet with different ways of using the oil
Smell– Pure and therapeutic Lemongrass Essential Oil has a fresh citrus aroma with a hint of spice belonging to Poeceae family. It’s called lemongrass because it has a citrusy aroma, it has nothing to with lemons.
Color- It’s dark yellow to amber in color.
- Reduces oily skin- One of the best beauty benefit of lemongrass Essential oil is its natural astringent properties which helps in reducing excess facial oil.
- Natural Deodorant- you will find that lemongrass is used in many deodorants because of its antibacterial properties. It helps fight bad odour producing bacteria. It also helps in controlling excessive sweating
- Fights Fungal Skin Infections- Nail fungus, athletes foot and other fungal infections can be treated using lemongrass essential oil due to its anti-fungal properties.
- Makes Hair shiny- It helps control excess sebum on your scalp and makes the hair shiny. Mix a few drops in your shampoo and have beautiful shiny hair.
- Fights Dandruff- It’s antifungal properties help fight dandruff and keeps your scalp clean and healthy
- Anti-acne – it reduces sebum production and helps fight acne causing bacteria making it an excellent anti acne oil
These are just a few benefits of Lemongrass Essential oil.
Quantity- 10 ml
My experience– I started using this oil in my diffuser during my exams and it helped my brain to concentrate a bit more. The aroma is refreshing and makes you more alert. One of the major benefits of this oil is that it helps in concentration and reducing anxiety and depression. It’s refreshing aroma makes me feel calm and soothed. Despite its various benefits in skincare and haircare, I prefer using this oil in aromatherapy. It spread within minutes and lasts for a while.
Mix two-three drops on Lemongrass Essential oil in water in your diffuser and feel the magic spread. It fills the room with its amazing citrusy fragrance which isn’t overpowering or irritating. It also keeps the mosquitoes at bay.
Overall– 5/5. Love the benefits of this oil and will always keep one in my Essential oils collection
Will I repurchase– Yes! It helps in concentration which I seriously lack when I’m trying to study ;P
Do I recommend– Yes! Give this lemongrass Essential oil from Urvinaturals a try to help improve your concentration and for the wide variety of benefits it offers for hair and skin.